Insomnia is one of the great evils of our day, as it is the result of stress, sedentary lifestyle, late and hearty dinners, muscle tension, etc.
In this article we offer the easiest solution and for this we recommend the medicinal plants that have the ability to relax the body, as well as some tips to contribute to a better night’s sleep.
The relaxing infusions
There are many medicinal plants with soothing properties. They also have many other benefits to our health, so we offer the most common so you can take them every day and, in turn, improve your quality of life.
Preferably take the afternoon and evening . If we are very peoplenervous , or are going through a period of stress, can also take them in the morning. The recommended amount is 2 or 3 cups a day.
We can sweeten tea, if desired, with stevia or with orange blossom honey, heather and lavender.
These plants are also marketed in other formats such as tinctures, capsules or tablets but, before treatment, advise you to see a therapist, especially if you are taking other medication or suffer any health problems.
- Valerian : For when insomnia is clearly nervous origin. This plant not only is this type of insomnia, but also helps us to combat anxiety, stress, anxiety or sadness states and headaches or migraines.
- Passionflower : The active ingredients of this plant have calming effects, induce sleep and relieve muscle spasms. It is an excellent plant for treating anxiety states also because, although it acts on the nervous system, under no circumstances will alter our alertness or attention.
- Melisa or Melissa : This plant is ideal for when, in addition to insomnia, digestive disorders suffer solution. It is also excellent for when an emotional situation causes us pressure in the stomach.
- Tila : The tila is another best known for its relaxing features plants, and also combats stress, anxiety and nerves affecting the stomach.
Beware of drugs
These infusions are proposing should be the first choice when we started to suffer insomnia for several reasons:
- If insomnia is caused by a situation of temporary stress, these plants gradually equilibrate our emotional state, respecting the natural rhythms of our body.
- No cause dependence.
- We did not cause states of daytime drowsiness, which may affect us at work or in our daily routine.
Besides take these medicinal infusions, we propose some habits that will help you relax even more, sleep well and wake up with energy and good humor:
- Evita take home the day’s problems: While it’s always good to talk of the day with family, we should avoid focusing on the negative situations, especially shortly before bedtime. We can do a little meditation, yoga, reading a book, listening to classical music, etc.
- It is important to exercise at least two or three times a week , and if generally charge much stress or too much tension should be alternated exercise of relaxing therapies (yoga, tai chi, etc.) more intense cardiovascular sports (running, cycling, aerobics, etc.). The exercise we do in the afternoon we will have immediate effect and cause a state of good humor and positive fatigue.
- If we suffer stress or muscle aches that hinder us rest and make us move in bed and we wake up often, you should consider performing some stretching or massage before bedtime.
- According to traditional Chinese medicine, our body regenerates overnight, and gallbladder and liver do from 11 pm to 3 am, so at this time and should have done digestion dinner to rest properly. We propose to dine early or if the job does not allow it, that meriendes something lightweight cenes. In this way, you will notice that you wake up with energy, recovered and with good humo